I received a Bible from Lifeway in exchange for a completely honest review. I will never review anything without being completely upfront and honest about my thoughts.
I have always interested in getting a chronological Bible simply because I wanted to look at things from a different viewpoint. I already read several different translations from NKJV, NIV, MSG, and CSB. I always find that no matter the translation, since it is God’s Word, His handbook to me, He brings verses to life in a way that I have never read them before. I was so excited to be picked to receive this blessing and to be able to give you my honest review.
The CSB Day-by-Day Chronological Bible features a different approach than others. There are no specific dates with which to follow, which makes this a great gift because the recipient doesn’t have to wait until January 1st to dive in. They can start right at the beginning like a regular narrative. Included in the book is a reading plan which covers 52 weeks with 6 readings each week. The readings are guided by author Dr. George Guthrie. You will also find full color maps, as well as a full index which helps you dive deeper into the Word.
What I love about this Bible?
- First, it is God’s Word and using the CSB translation allows it to be clear, while staying as literal to the original as possible.
- The leathertouch cover is of high quality and the overall size is large enough for anyone to hold comfortably.
- The setting of scenes and background information makes comprehending the text that much easier.
- The text is easy to follow and the guides with each day’s reading really helps the reader really think about what is being said.
What I would change if I could:
- The font size is rather small, but the font choice itself is very clean and readable.
- I would have liked to see an additional line in the contents that showed which books of the Bible were contained in each act before I got to it.
- I would have loved to have a mini-concordance in the back of the book.
Overall, I love this new Bible. We use the Bible as the base of our homeschool lessons and study time. Our children frequently have to discuss the setting, people involved, genre, etc. I believe this Bible will be the one they will use from this point forward because of how well it explains the topics.
NOW FOR THE SUPER FUN BLESSING PART!
Lifeway has given me permission to host a giveaway of the same exact Bible that I received! All you need to do is follow the instructions in the Rafflecopter Giveaway below. No purchase is necessary and this contest is open to only residents of the United States. The giveaway will run from January 19th at 12am EST to January 25th at 12am, when the winner will be announced. Confirmation will be made via email and the winner will be mailed the Bible directly from Lifeway.
SO WHO IS IN???a Rafflecopter giveaway