It’s Cinco de Mayo!
One of our favorite Cinco de Mayo recipe ideas: Homemade Chipotle Ranch Dressing! The great thing about this dressing is that you create a base ranch dressing and then you can add in the chipotle. Doing it that way, if you have picky eaters who only prefer regular ranch, you can put some aside before giving it some spice and heat! If you don’t want MSG or high fructose corn syrup in your salad dressing, this is a healthier alternative! There are no preservatives in this recipe, so it will not stay as long as the bottled, store-bought ones, but it tastes fresh and SO much better!
I made this recipe in my Ninja blender. Some of the best things about this recipe are that it is easy, affordable, fresh, you can make it with a blender, or without and you can flavor it! We love spices in our house, primarily mexican peppers. This dressing would be great on a salad, wrap, or during the football season with some wings. We made grilled chicken thighs and then used the ranch as a dip for it. To this day, my sister and husband say it is the top of the list for dressings!
If you are going to use the Ninja blender to make this recipe, make sure you only blend it for a short time on 2 or 3. It will become nice and fluffy. You can always mix this by hand as well.
Super Easy Homemade Ninja Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1½ teaspoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ⅜ teaspoon salt
- ⅜ teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 teaspoons canned chipotle peppers (to taste)
- Place all ingredients into bowl or blender and mix until thoroughly blended. If you are making the chipotle ranch, add the peppers last. (I used the puree that came with the peppers, but you can add the whole peppers as well, just do one at a time) When you use the Ninja, blend on the 2 or 3 setting. Place in an airtight container.
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear from you and have you share pictures of your meals with me on my Facebook page! Happy Cinco de Mayo!