I went grocery shopping the other day and bought a bunch of fruit, namely bananas. I knew we probably would not finish them by the time they started to get really ripe, but with my daughter’s love of bananas, I figured I’d buy more than usual. Well, wouldn’t you know it? This was the week she decided she didn’t want to eat bananas! My husband told me to make sure to eat them before they went bad, but neither of us were in a banana mood.
So, when life leaves you lots of bananas, what do you do? Make a banana bread recipe of course! This time, I saw my trusty, fairly new Ninja blender (that is waiting for me to “try” some of those green shake concoctions) sitting on my counter. I don’t have my Kitchen Aid anymore and the mixer I do have is so cumbersome and old it belongs in a museum with the dinosaurs. I decided that since the Ninja does such an incredible job of making mush out apples, surely it could handle some over-ripe bananas. It was so easy AND it worked!
To prove how yummy this recipe is, I tried it on my 6 year old daughter who was quite eager after smelling the yummy goodness baking in the house. As I always do, I put a little butter on it and voila! She loved it. She would have even liked it without the butter.
I made our bread in an 8 x 8 x 2 pan because I couldn’t find my loaf pan. I’m thinking maybe hubby threw it out after a bad case of fairly burnt meatloaf! It worked just fine, but since the bread was obviously thinner, it only took about 40 minutes, instead of 60. I also put in walnuts (my mom always did), but they can be left out. I am sure you could probably put all sorts of goodies like cranberries or raisins or whatever you like and it would probably be just as good.
Below you can find my recipe for what I am calling my Ninja bread. If you like it, please share it or pin it to your pinterest board. Thanks and happy baking! 🙂
Easy to Make Ninja Banana Bread
Author: Guard the Door
Recipe type: Bread
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 60 mins
Total time: 1 hour 10 mins
This easy to make bread recipe was made with my trusty Ninja blender.
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup melted butter (cooled a bit)
- 3 or 4 very ripe bananas
- 2 tsps vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ¾ to 1 cup shelled, chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make this in the Ninja for easy cleanup. Place ingredients in the Ninja in the order I listed them. Do not beat on higher than a 1 setting.
- Beat 2 eggs by pulsing.
- Add melted butter. Mix on 1 for a few seconds. (with the Ninja, less time is more)
- Break up 3 to 4 bananas, drop them in and mix.
- Add vanilla.
- Add baking soda and salt. Mix.
- Add brown sugar. Mix.
- Add flour one cup at a time and mix.
- *Remove the blade and then add the walnuts and fold them in to the batter.
- In a greased and floured pan, pour the in the batter. Bake for about an hour or until a toothpick or skewer comes out clean. Do not overbake.
I would love to hear from you if you made this bread!