If you are a salad eater or love some buffalo wings dipped in blue cheese dressing, this is the recipe for you! My family has been using this recipe for probably over 20 years, ever since having the original at The Chart House restaurant in New York. I have changed things up just a little bit in order to make it a bit healthier, but if you want, you can use the good old fat-filled one! Everything in moderation, right?
One of my favorite ways to eat blue cheese dressing is on a wedge of very cold iceberg lettuce with a dollop on top and crumbled bacon. I first had it this way at The Crystal Palace restaurant in the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World. What made their blue cheese dressing different? They used Maytag blue cheese which is one of the best you can get!
Are you hungry yet? Here’s the catch…once you make it, you can eat it right away, but don’t! You will miss out on the uber-yummy goodness that will await you if you can patiently keep out of the container for 24 hours. I know, I know. I give you a recipe and then you have to WAIT 24 HOURS??? Believe me, it is well worth the wait!
- 3/4 cup of sour cream/greek yogurt – you can buy this premade or prepare your own (sour cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (salt)
- 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/3 cups light mayonnaise (mayonnaise) I ALWAYS use Hellmann’s, or if you are on the west coast, Best Foods
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- Place first 6 ingredients in a bowl and beat together on low speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Add mayonnaise and beat an additional 20 seconds.
- Turn mixer up to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
- Gently fold in the blue cheese.
- REFRIGERATE FOR 24 HOURS!
I would love to hear if you tried this out and what kinds of recipes you used this with! Come visit me over on my Facebook Page to share the results…and make me very hungry at the same time!