Once again, I was trying to think of things to make with my trusty Ninja blender. Since my family loves ranch dressing, but I am not crazy about the additives, I thought I would make my own! After reading the label on a well-known ranch dressing, I saw one ingredient that surprised me- monosodium glutamate. No thanks. I don’t want MSG in our salad dressing. I want a healthier alternative! There are no preservatives in this recipe, so it will not stay as long as the bottled, store-bought ones, but it tastes fresh and SO much better!
Some of the best things about this recipe are that it is easy, affordable, fresh, you can make it with a blender, or without and you can flavor it! We love spices in our house, primarily mexican peppers. After I made the batch of regular ranch dressing, I decided to add some chipotle to it and the result is a to-die-for Chipotle Ranch Dressing. This dressing would be great on a salad, wrap, or during the football season with some wings. We made grilled chicken thighs and then used the ranch as a dip for it. My husband was RAVING about how good the dressing was!
If you are going to use the Ninja blender to make this recipe, make sure you only blend it for a short time on 2 or 3. It will become nice and fluffy. You can always mix this by hand as well.
Super Easy Homemade Ninja Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 1 cup of sour cream
- 2 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1½ teaspoons dried chives
- 1 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ⅜ teaspoon salt
- ⅜ teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 teaspoons canned chipotle peppers (to taste)
- Place all ingredients into bowl or blender and mix until throughly blended. If you are making the chipotle ranch, add the peppers last. (I used the puree that came with the peppers, but you can addd the whole peppers as well, just do one at a time) When you use the Ninja, blend on the 2 or 3 setting. Place in an airtight container.